I like to save money where I can, but I don’t like to sign up for new store credit cards to score deals. Every time I’ve been in Target and they ask me if I want to sign up for their Target REDcard I always smile and politely decline thinking that they were offering me another credit card. What I didn’t know is that Target offers DEBIT REDcard that ties directly to your bank account. So basically you’re getting another debit card for your bank account, but it can be used only at Target. Why would you want to do that? The savings, my friend, the savings. Now, you’re not going to save enough money to retire early, but there are a few perks from using your REDcard debit card that come in handy.
- 5% off all purchases
- Free shipping on all Target.com purchases (no minimum)
- Support your kid’s school – designate the school of your choice and Target will donate up to 1% of your REDcard purchases at Target & Target.com
- Ability to earn a coupon for 5% off with qualifying pharmacy purchases that can be stacked with your regular 5% off when you use your REDcard
- No fees!
Here are some great ways to leverage the extra savings:
- Combine your 5% with clearance and/or coupon deals for maximum savings
- Do your grocery shopping at Target and get 5% off of your grocery purchases
- Christmas shopping – who can’t use extra savings when shopping for toys and gifts?
- Electronics purchases – when deciding where to buy your electronics evaluate to see if it would be cheaper at Target after your discount vs. other electronics retailers
One note is that it doesn’t work with Target mobile, just online or in store. You can apply for a Target REDcard debit card online or in store. You can find more information here.